|Pelican Air Serves – the only licensed air carrier to fly scheduled flights direct from / to O.R. Tambo International Airport (JIA) and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) to Inhambane International Airport (INH), as well as direct flights from / to O.R. Tambo International Airport (JIA) and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) to Vilanculos International Airport (VNX), and on behalf of our Mozambican partners ASAS de Moçambique onto the Bazaruto Archipelago Islands saving you time and money. Please see designator identification codes at end of Fares page.
Island Transfer extension to mainline routes Johannesburg and MQP to Vilanculos. Pelican Air Services on behalf of ASAS de Moçambique now offers direct flights JIA or MQP to either Benguerra (BCW) serving either Benguerra and Marlin lodges, Indigo Bay (IBL) and Bazaruto (BZB) airfields and return, with an immigration and customs stop at Vilanculos. Please refer to timetable for flight times and numbers.
Pelican Air Services will be commencing scheduled flights from / to O.R. Tambo International Airport (JIA) and Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (KMIA) to Inhambane on 4 September 2007.
- Fast Pressurised turboprop aircraft are used.
- Light snacks and juices provided.
- Return flights daily, refer to timetable.
- Onward connections should be made with not less than 150 minutes connecting times. Carrier is not responsible for missed connections made within 150 minutes of published arrival times.
- Only soft bags with / without wheels please.
- Please note: due to Airports Company regulations any item in excess of 32kg or larger than 720 x 900 x 450mm will not be accepted. Fishing rods may be carried through to the boarding gate.
- Maximum baggage allowance 20 kilograms, hand luggage included, excess baggage will be carried if space permits and charged for @ R35,00 per kilogram.
- Cargo space available on all flights subject to other prior reservations, and can be pre-booked if space permits.
- Normal airline conditions including Warsaw Convention apply – refer Limitations and Liabilities page.
- Tariffs, timetable and condtions are subject to change without notice. Please contact us or your friendly travel agent for up to date details concerning your flights.
- The timetable is structured to best suit connecting our flights with international and domestic arrivals and departures at JIA.
- The aircraft seating capacity is restricted to a maximum of 36 passengers to reduce congestion at check-in and immigration at JIA, MQP and VNX.
- Check in counter at JIA counter 55, International Departures, open one hour forty five minutes before departure and closes 45 minutes before departure.
- For dangers goods not permitted, refer to Dangerous Articles.
- Frequency: *Subject to season, 2 X Daily return flights JIA direct to Vilanculos and 2 flights weekly Nelspruit (MQP) direct to Vilanculos, Tuesday and Friday. 2 X weekly JIA direct to Inhambane (INH), Wednesday and Sunday and 2 X weekly Nelspruit (MQP) direct to Inhambane (INH), Tuesday and Friday.
- Children and infants rates apply: Under 12 years of age, 75% of adult fare airport charges and taxes; Infant under 2 years of agen (on lap) 25% of adult fare, no airport charges and taxes charged. Payment method: CC (Visa, Master, Diners, American Express), Internet transfer (EFT), bank deposits or cash.
- Government, Airport charges / taxes and fuel surcharges are not included in fares shown.